for 2023 Vendors
Northern Appalachian Folk Festival
September 8 & 9, 2023
ALL APPLICATIONS NEED TO BE RECIEVED BY JUNE 21, 2023
Plans have begun for the 10th annual Northern Appalachian Folk Festival scheduled for September 8 & 9, 2023 on the 500 block of Philadelphia Street, and North 6th Street to Nixon Avenue, in Downtown Indiana, Pa.
We are working on improving the vendor application process, vendor parking, street set-up and tear down, and listening to your overall concerns about the festival. It is a constant work in progress.
Open to all artisans and craftspeople selling their own work. Each booth is limited to 2 mediums. Demonstration of crafts is encouraged where space permits.
Exhibitors are responsible for collecting and reporting necessary sales tax.
This is NOT a juried show, however, all applicants must enclose a completed application form, full payment, and 3 photos, one for each medium and one showing the booth display. You will be notified as soon as possible, and, those not accepted, will have the checks and photos returned.
No commercially produced merchandise, imports, kits, pressed design shirts, buy/sell or wholesale items will be allowed.
All spaces are $50.00 for 10 X 10 spaces, for the 2-day event for arts, craftspeople, and food vendors. If additional space is needed, it can be purchased by the vendor for an additional fee. Please indicate on the registration form.
There is also a charge of $50.00 for electric, if required, and approved. Limited spaces available.
Festival Guidelines: (Failure to comply will affect future participation)
· Booths MUST stay open until the very end of each show day regardless of weather conditions. Please refrain from closing down before 7 p.m.
· Trailers/vehicles must remain in designated vendor parking until festival closing.
· Come prepared. Booths should be designed to handle all kinds of weather. In the event of inclement weather, the Festival Committee will determiner the appropriate actions to be taken.
· Spaces may NOT be shared with any non-applicants.
· You must provide all equipment and materials needed for your exhibit space (i.e. tent, tables, chairs, skirting, extension cords, etc.)
· All vendors are asked to provide your own garbage containers, especially food vendors. A roll off dumpster is available in the parking lot across from the Indiana Fire Department to dispose of excess in that designated area. There will be additional garbage containers around the festival grounds throughout the 2 days, and will be managed by local civic organizations (Boy Scouts, Key club, etc.).
Streets will be closed at noon on Friday, September 8 for stage set-up.
All approved vendors are agreeing to BOTH days of the festival.
Friday September 8 from noon until 3:45 p.m. – Vendors must be ready for sales at the official start of the festival, and stay open for sales until 7 p.m.
Saturday September 9 – Vendors can restock between 8 a.m. – noon, but NO vehicles will be permitted to enter the festival area. Please make arrangements, in advance, on how to transport needed items (food & beverage supplies for food vendors). Vendors must be ready for sales at 12 noon, and stay open for sales until 7 p.m.
Please direct any questions to Judy Holliday @ firstname.lastname@example.org